History › The Restaurant

A family history…

Le restaurant du Château du Mylord fut fondé par Jean-Baptiste Thomaes (chef de cuisine) en 1981. Il est rapidement rejoint par ses frères Vincent de 1985 à 2006 (directeur du restaurant et sommelier), puis par Christophe, en 1988 (chef pâtissier).

The Restaurant Château du Mylord was founded by Jean-Baptise Thomaes (chef) in 1981. He was quickly joined by his brother Vincent (the restaurant manager and sommelier from 1985 to 2006), followed by Christophe in 1988 (pastry chef).

In 1987 he receives his first star, a second star in 2002 and then again in 2010. The restaurant is located in an old English mansion in a park of 3 hectares. The castle was built in 1861 by an English lord.

For more than thirty years we have been working on continuously improving the atmosphere into an oasis of tranquility.



Le Château du Mylord is a member of the following associations:

• Relais des Coteaux de Champagne 1985
• Etapes du Bon Goût 1995 – Chairman since 2006
• Member Euro-Toques 1995
• Disciple d’Auguste Escoffier Benelux 2000
• Member of La Chaîne des Rôtisseurs 2004
        – Advisor / Conseiller Gastronomique National 2007
• Member of l’Académie Nationale Française de Cuisine 2005
• Member of the Cercle des Chefs de l’Ecole du Grand Chocolat Valrhona 2008
• Member of The Order of 33 Master-Chefs of Belgium 2009
• Member of the “Maîtres-Cuisiniers” of Belgium 2011
• Member of the Grande Commanderie Européenne du Champagne 2011
• Member of “Les Grandes Tables du Monde” – Tradition et Qualité 2013